Welcome to the web page dedicated to the course “Fondamenti di Informatica 2018”.
- Course schedule: Martedì 9-11 and Giovedì 14-17
- Course location: Campus Savona, aula AN1
- Office hours: you can contact me (maurizio.mancini<at>unige<dot>it) so we can fix an appointment directly before/after the teaching hours in Savona or you can come at Casa Paganini in Genova.
- Lesson 1 (2h) – 20/2/2018 (part1 part2)
- Lesson 2 (3h) – 22/2/2018
- Java guide (Italian, sezioni: 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 11, 12, 14, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21)
- Java tutorial (English)
- Java course (Italian)
You can find more resources by visiting the past editions pages created by myself, Prof. M. Maratea and Prof. D. Anghinolfi.
Java Development Kit (JDK) Waning: Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is not enough!
You can download it here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html
Windows users can choose between 32 and 64 bit, you will have to choose the same version of Eclipse.
To translate Eclipse in Italian follow the instructions reported at https://eclipse.org/babel/downloads.php:
- Open the install wizard with ‘Help’ > ‘Install new software…’
- Add the Babel p2 repository: http://download.eclipse.org/technology/babel/update-site/R0.13.1/mars
- Select/install your language pack of choice
- Restart Eclipse and you should get a translated Eclipse
- If the system locale is in English, and you want to launch Eclipse in another language, you have to launch Eclipse with the -nl command line argument:
eclipse.exe -nl it
Students are required to form groups of 1-2-3 people and bring 1 laptop per group during the lessons on programming.
This course *does not* provide any credit for the ECDL.